You are who you have been looking for!
You are already enough. And the moment you start realizing that, your world will be better and you can see that, with life, you can a lover not a fighter. And you deserve that life. You deserve to be happy, to be loved but, you need to give it to yourself first.
“What’s wrong with me? Am I not enough?”
Or instead of this, you might be asking yourself,” Why I am not beautiful? Why people don’t love me? Why I am not like her/him?”
Sometimes, we are so hard on ourselves, we worry so much about our flaws, we disregard our beauty and yes, refuse to recognize our worth and we end up finding it hard to love ourselves. But, we never do this with others, we admire others for their beauty, we tell them they deserve love!
I am not saying that it is wrong. But why do we have a hard time treating ourselves the same way?
Buy makeup to look beautiful! Go to the gym to look strong and manly! Get an ivy-league education to be accepted as intelligent! Do you see what society we are living in? No wonder it’s hard for us to see our worth. We think we need more to be accepted.
Let me tell you one thing, we don’t need anything more than what we are already.
Your self-worth is not determined by outside factors.
What you need the most is already inside you. It’s how you feel about yourself. It’s accepting the amazing as well as special things about you. But, more than that, it is important for you to accept that you are not perfect and you do not have to be!!!
We are spending our whole lives just to find someone, something to make us feel beautiful or loved. But, all along, we have been looking just for ourselves.
You just have to believe it.
But, it will take time, one step at a time. Self-love is always a work in progress but I have a few tips for you that are really powerful to remind you how to love yourself. These tips have already inspired me to be strong and love myself every day. I hope you too find the as much inspiring as I have.
- Do not judge, admire the beauty within you: Judging yourself comes when you criticize yourself for what is happening in your life. And it’s different from being honest to yourself. See your imperfections and still appreciate them for what they are teaching you. Be honest about how you could have or can do better without thinking negatively about yourself.
- Treat yourself the way you want to be treated by others: Think about a scenario where you did something and criticized yourself? The chances are you might have been much harsher to yourself than others. it easier to love and accept other people around us than to offer ourselves the same level of support. The truth is, it’s easier to love and accept other people around us than to offer ourselves the same level of support. Be comfortable in your own skin, you’ll be much kinder to yourself.
- Do not care much about who you are to others: In the beginning, it was tough for me. I stayed so much worried about how I was perceived by others. I learned that. I know I am good enough just the way I am, and I don’t need anyone’s approval for being myself, neither you.
- Know your worth: I always kept saying that in my every blog/post, know your worth. Sometimes, we accept the love that we think we deserve. But, you deserve more than that. You are worthy of everything, don’t accept less. You are not meant to be second in someone’s life, you are good enough to be someone else’s first.
- Don’t rush into relationships: Love is about enjoying every moment, it’s not moving fast. It’s fine if you haven’t found someone special yet and your friends did. There is someone out there who will love you for who you are, and chances are it might not be the person you are hoping for. Don’t rush and settle.
- Let people go away if needed: Sometimes, people who have helped you in the past might not fit in your present/future and that’s okay. There’s is nothing wrong with people who moved on and never looked back. We all constantly change. Let them go, keep on loving yourself and the right one will stick around you throughout the journey.
- Forgive yourself and others too: Just because someone did wrong to you yesterday, it doesn’t mean you should hate them or live in a fear of being hurt again. We all are villains in someone’s life. Sometimes, you too hurt people and expect forgiveness. Just learn to forgive yourself and others. Life begins when your fear and resentment ends.
- Believe in yourself: You are here to grow and evolve into the person you are capable of being. Keep your mind open to everything and attached to nothing. There is no ability that cannot be developed by experience- as I say, change is constant. Don’t ever let your negative beliefs stand in the way of your own improvement.
- Work on your goals: Never ever put off or give up your goal which is important to you. I repeat, never give up. Keep trying to achieve what you have dreamt for. I am not saying this because you can get up and try again tomorrow, but because you may not have tomorrow at all. Follow your heart today. Life is shorter than it seems to be.
- Look and move straight forward: Moving on is important. It doesn’t mean that you are forgetting the things which were important to you once. It means choosing to move on as you have accepted what happened and what’s happening.
All I have learned is loving yourself is about enjoying your life, trusting your own vibes, taking chances, losing and finding happiness, valuing your memories, and people in your past and present.
Not everyone realizes that we are in a relationship with ourselves, with many characters within.
Sometimes it is one of being a failure and other times it’s of being a mother, a brother, a wife. At times we’re a professional building a career, other times we’re a joker, being quite playful with ourselves and the people we love.
Just accept all of the characters. Accept even when the failure which sometimes isn’t good enough. The key to loving yourself is arriving at some kind of radical acceptance of who you really are.